Thursday, September 2, 2010

Messes, food, and a bored SAHM

What in the world do stay-at-home mom's do? Excuse me if I insult those of you who are dying to stay home with your children all day, every day, but what do SAHM's do every day? Other than clean, take care of the house, take care of the kids, keep kids entertained/safe/alive, you kinda run out of things to do. The days just drag on, filled with tantrums, messes, meals, and diapers. I provide my children with books, toys, art supplies, fun things. But it still is not enough to fill 12-14 waking hours with activity. Especially stimulating activity for me, the mom! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love love love being with my kids. It's just that at this age I'm lacking stimulation beyond a conversation about glue or pooping, camel shaped animal crackers, or blues clues. Anyone know what I'm saying?

On another note this whole SAHM thing is making me want to bake more. This can be both a good thing and a bad thing. You know, trying to drop pounds while baking muffins is kinda a cancel the good out type of thing. This morning I made my kids blueberry pancakes using the Jiffy Blueberry muffin mix that I grew up eating as a kiddo. I even refrained from eating any (Victory is mine! shouted in a baby Stewie voice). I made myself some Turkey Chili which wasn't a complete disaster. I've never really gotten into the whole ground turkey craze, usually opting for ground beef, ground chicken, or more often using tofu. But a coworker of mine made me some awesome (and healthy) chili and I was inspired. I overcooked my turkey a bit in the chili, which gives it a bit of a chewy texture, but with a little sprinkle of cheese it's pretty good. I did myself proud. And while putting away cooking items I saw a recipe for biscuits on the baking powder container and now I'm thinking of trying to make some. Maybe even biscuits and gravy! I've had this vegetarian brown gravy mix for a while, maybe I'll whip some up.

I'm feeling pretty out of sorts today, probably a mix of my cold, the deadly meth like decongestant, and something else I can't quite pinpoint. Hard to focus, hard to do much except want to sleep. I'm brewing myself a cup-o-tea as I type this bit of gibberish.

I find myself newly inspired to be healthy, getting rid of the junk in my diet, and try to eat a little cleaner. Hubby want's to drop pounds too, and has actually considered trying P90x. I'll try it with him, just to be supportive, and hopefully I won't die in the process. Has anyone ever done it? Especially anyone already totally fat and outta shape? The tv infomercial for it shows a ton of in-shape people sweating and getting ripped shape by the p90x product, but no fat people. Makes me wonder if it will kill me. Could. Then again, maybe I'll walk away ripped and awesome. Hah, the visual I'm getting is laughable.

No comments:

Post a Comment