Saturday, May 28, 2011

Salads for suckers

I'm sitting here at work, during a crazy day, and I'm eating a salad. God damn it, I don't want a salad today. I went to bed too late last night (own fault) and then slept like crap (do not watch world news before bed) and I'm grumpy. And when I'm grumpy and tired the last thing I want to eat is a salad. Don't get me wrong - the salad TASTES good. The dressing is killer (light Girard's champagne, it's the best). But when you're rockin and rollin off of 6 hours (or less) of sleep on a busy day at work you just want CARBS! And I mean JUNK CARBS like cookies and snack mixes and heaven forbid - doughnuts! Eating salad when you're tired, at least for me, is like torture. I'd almost rather not eat, but then again I'd be even MORE grumpy without eating.

My stomach is a little upset today thanks to sharing J's late night nachos (hey, I only ate a little). I think that was part of why I was unable to sleep as well because of that wonderful thing called acid reflux. I almost skipped coffee this morning but then realized I was having a crazy moment. I drank some at home and then late this morning I went to Louie's. I got myself a NF iced white mocha and damn it tasted so good. I needed something. So sue me!

No roller derby for me tonight. I realized this morning that today is my dad's birthday - which means I will be celebrating his life at home. I really wanted to BBQ but it's late notice and I have no idea where to get good BBQ in this city! Maybe I'll just make a chocolate cake... and only eat 1 piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment